What is a smart meter?
Just like any other sector in the world, digitization has a lot of revolutionary effects on the way we use electrical energy in our lives. And metering solutions are no exception. There are a lot of advantages of smart meters. They help you consume electrical power in an efficient way. But unlike the traditional meters, they automatically send the readings to your energy supplier every day/month as scheduled, thereby letting them bill you accurately.
How does a smart meter work?
Smart meters do the following things, unlike the traditional electromechanical meters that provide manual reading:
- Firstly, they read the amount of electrical energy taken up and consumed at different times every day of the week, record them in the memory as per the system.
- Then they transmit the data electronically to the energy provider or network operator.
- Further, they alert the network operator or the energy provider if the meter cover is opened illegally, thereby helping you detect any fraud.
- Although it can be remote, the network operator can check it anyway.
- For best metering solutions in organizations or households, you can always reach out to Genus company.
What are the benefits of installing a smart meter?
A smart meter can have different shapes and sizes. Also, there are several advantages of smart meters like the following:
- Skip submitting meter readings: A smart meter automatically transfers the meter readings to the operator. So you don’t need to read the meter manually. It is an easy and convenient way of electrical meter reading. So you can bid goodbye to the old ways of using a torch and reading meter.
- Closely monitor your usage and pay: The smart display that these meters have, helps you monitor how much power you are using and the costs associated with it. They help you track and practice good energy habits, thereby helping you with budgets as well. Switch to a smart Genus meter for optimum metering convenience.
- Monitors faulty appliances: Smart meters help you track your actual usage. You can monitor how much energy you are using and if there’s any sudden spike in reading. This spike often occurs due to faulty appliances. So you can identify the faulty appliance and remove or repair it safely.
- Accurate bills, based on actual consumption: While we discuss the advantages of smart meters, accurate billing comes as a priority. A smart meter always generates readings that are only based on the consumptions you actually make. With a traditional meter, you have to take a manual reading and send it to the operator for billing. And if you forget to send the reading, the operator has to generate bills based on the assumptions. This process has a high chance of mistaken billing. But with the automatic reading facility of a smart meter, you get accurate bills, completely based on your actual consumption.
- Quick interventions on the meter: Unlike traditional meters, with a smart meter, you don’t need to wait for a technician to open the meter and check for any faults. It ensures you have a quick intervention on the electrical meter, whenever required. For best metering solutions, reach out to Genus company right away!
- More secured electric supply: Smart modern meters help you manage and monitor consumption peaks in a better way, thereby stabilizing the grid and your bill as well.
Do smart meters really save energy?
Of course! A smart meter helps you track energy usage in a very efficient way. And you have already read the advantages of smart meters in this blog. There comes a digital display on each smart meter letting you check the up-to-date information of the energy you use. This information can guide you to make necessary adjustments in your power consumption. So yes, a smart Genus meter can really help you save energy.
Why should someone switch to smart meters with Genus Power?
Being the pioneer in electronic energy meters in India, Genus Power provides an entire spectrum of smart energy metering solutions (Smart Meters, Communication Infrastructure, Headend system, Meter Data Management systems, IT infra, and Project Management) under one roof for consumers. We have a production capacity of 10 million meters every year, which can be upgraded to 15 to 20 million meters.
Our aim is to ensure that your electrical consumption and the bills are accurate with smart meters and you can make the best ever savings without any difficulties. Hence, switch to Genus Power Smart Metering solutions if you have not already, and feel the freedom of smart electrical choice. Get in touch with us for making your place better with our premium quality smart modern meters.